viernes, 27 de agosto de 2010

I'm back (or did I ever leave)

Not sure about my feelings right now. In one hand, everything is new (even if is not): I don't remember the streets so good, there are new bars, new shops, some others disappeared... ¡a new Overground line opened! But on the other... everything is the same and I feel at home in some ways. This time I am not surprised to feel my extremely white-european ass when I walk in the streets. I enjoy the fact that I can just walk in a shop and enter into another world, eat Turkish sweets in a turkish old style cafeteria and buy african clothes just on the shop next door, but is not surprising any more. What really surprised me today is the fact that I can still speak English! I went to some shops and state agencies, to the bank, ask in a bookstore about a job vacancy posted in their front door, talked by phone with a man that offered me a job... Señoras y señores, it's official, I made it: I 'M FLUENT IN ENGLISH, I lost my fear. And this is why I am writing in English right now, even though my vocabulary is limited, my grammar poor and my composition and style are vague. It doesn't matter because I can live in English, I like it. I will read and study in English, I will work in English, shoot in English. I will get stoned in English and say silly things, I am not afraid any more my friends.
London is gonna be hard again, I know, but this time is different, a step forward. Now more than ever I don't give a fuck. Maybe I am over the stupid shyness of the insecure Lola.
Amen to that.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario